Wednesday 1 February 2012

Praetorian Salamander update

Having finally restocked on spray paint I've managed to start painting the Salamander and tank crew. Heres what I've done so far.

All undercoated and ready to go


Also a photo of the newly undercoated Medusa crew,


Step 1. Undercoat the whole tank snakebite leather. Be sure to water the paint down a little and give it two coats to get it even.


Step 2. Give the whole wash of ogryn flesh. Water it down a bit so it is 2 parts ink to one part water. This will help give the model more definition and make the base coat look more even in colour.


Step 3. Now a lot of drybrushing with ever increasing amounts of bleached bone added to snakebite leather.  About 5 or 6 rounds of drybrushing should do it. Each time more bleached bone and less paint on the brush. The final drybrush will be pure bleached bone and needs to be very light.



more drybrushing...

So that is the main colour done, next I will be picking out all the detail and painting the rest of it.

Here are the crew with an undercoat of bestial brown on theur uniforms.



I'll try and crack on with tank painting tonight, hopefuly get the medusa and crew finished for my game with necrons tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Looking good, thanks for the tank painting tutorial, I want to paint mine desert colours so this will come in handy when I get around to them.

    Sorry, completely unrelated but I have started painting up my GW Praetorians, I wonder if you could give me some advice on what paints and how to do the epaulettes? Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete