Wednesday 29 June 2016

WIP Colonel of the Praetorian Highland Guard

Hello everyone!

Firstly sorry for still not having posted the battle report from the big Praetorian Bad Moon Orks game, it will arrive eventually... I promise!

But I've surely got to give you something by way of an apology so here are two photos of two new conversions for the army. The army is being expanded again and there are a whole raft of new models that will soon need painting.

I've downed brushes for the time being (I'm actually waiting for some new ones as I used the old to destruction!) and am busy converting new models. Soon to be added are a Leman Russ Demolisher, another Taurox (with the VL Wheels), the Tech Priest's Trojan, some servitors, some more priests, psykers and lots more guardsmen. Of particular note will be lots more Highlanders and some very very sneaky gitz... But more on the latter another time.

Anyway without further ado, two of the new WIP additions!


First up we have the new Colonel (rank and name subject to change) of the Highland Regiment. I recently ordered a load of Victoria Lamb bits and set to work converting up some new fellas and this man, with no real plan on my part, just came to life!

The axe (not enough guardsmen with axes are there?) was a freebie. I was inspired by some space marine characters (is it one of Calgars honour guards?) and gave the pointing axe pose a go. The arm was originally a sword arm. 

The pistol is a plasma pistol to complete the 'points sink what a ridiculous combination of wargear for a guard commander' look.

He will have a Highland command squad to accompany him in due course. I think he might become one of my favourite models...


Finally we have a Praetorian drummer girl! Its all VL bits, with a hat swap and the praetorian epaulettes rather than the stock shoulder guards the model came with. So much character in this model. I think she will need to join Captain Caine's command squad and no doubt I will need to convert a few more characters up to finish it off.

Sorry again for still not having the battle report! Soon, I promise!

Thanks for reading!

13 comments:

  1. Wow that's nice! I have had a set of Vic's highland guard in bits bags on my desk for years now. Unfortunate some of my casts were not great and I lost motivation to fix them up. It looks like she has changed resins a few times because her more recent stuff is fine.
    I love your tartan work so I am sure this colonel will look amazing. That is a whack of stuff to add to the army (not that I can talk). It seems there will always be something to add!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's nice! I have had a set of Vic's highland guard in bits bags on my desk for years now. Unfortunate some of my casts were not great and I lost motivation to fix them up. It looks like she has changed resins a few times because her more recent stuff is fine.
    I love your tartan work so I am sure this colonel will look amazing. That is a whack of stuff to add to the army (not that I can talk). It seems there will always be something to add!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always something to add! Quite right haha! It'll never end!

      Delete
  3. Jam packed full of amazing character. These two are going to look well good once painted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kool. Nicely done all round. Although if I was being introduced to the regimental commander and he was festooned with melee weapons, I might think about a transfer...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! You reckon? Doesn't it make you think stay close to this mad bastard clearly he has a knack of surviving?

      Delete
  5. Same as the rest of the army. The tartan is likely to be the same as the highland veterans as it'll be the regimental tartan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic builds, man - really looking forward to seeing 'em painted up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1688upx com เข้า สู่ ระบบ วิธีการเข้าถึงและตะลุยโลกของโอกาสออนไลน์ที่ไม่เหมือนใคร คู่มือครอบคลุมนี้จะนำคุณผ่านกระบวนการขั้นตอนอย่างละเอียด PGSLOT เพื่อให้คุณมีความเชี่ยวชาญ

    ReplyDelete