Saturday 31 May 2014

Just a little bit more...

Thanks for all the comments on the last post, very much appreciated! I'll make it another quick post and show you a couple more projects that are bubbling away...


The Baneblade is the standard configuration, but I couldn't let the opportunity pass without another characterful tank commander! 


Keen to have Nork in my army (even if not to use him in games except apocalypse games), I only wanted a minor conversion so gave the skull speaker a hat swap because my commissars still wear pith helmets!


Sorry sadly a blurry! Unfortunately this commissar model hasn't had a lot of love from the wider community. I'll do my best to rectify that! 

Also I have question regarding the rules for bullgryns. Do they all have to have the same weapons? i.e. shield and maul or slab and grenade launcher. I see nothing in the rules that precludes you having a mixture in your squad and a mixture is what I went for! 2 slabshields to give me that 3+ save as I advance and then the power mauls to really smash things up! 

Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

  1. I love the pith helmet on the skull, but I cant quite bring myself to like the new Ogryn kit, seems like such a drop in detail and quality compared to the old metal Ogryn, its the same thing i never liked about the plastic Ogres, such a shame as Id like to feild some, but right now there just arent models i'd happily put on my shelf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not, I'm one of the few who think the recent Ogryns are the best design those poor lardy fellows have had since RT.

      Delete
  2. I love the nonchalant, smoking my pipe while shooting a pistol, waving a saber and riding in a big tank look!

    The last edition metal Ogryns were my favourites, though I did wonder how easy/hard it would be to combine aspects of the new Ogryn/Bullgryn bits - I'm not a fan of the Bullgryn armour, but do like their close combat weapons - can you use the normal Ogryn bodies/arms with the weapon options from the Bullgryns?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Armour clips on the assembled ogryn so you can take it or leave it! Kits is really good

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tank commander is brilliant! I imagine that there's more than enough room inside that behemoth of a tank for him to brew up a spot of tea between cannon blasts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just started following your blog. AMAZING is the only word that comes to mind. Thank you for taking the time to share with all of us on the interwebz. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Just had a look at your blog, some very innovative cool stuff there. Very orky! I look forward to seeing your next projects!

      Delete
    2. Thanks! Hope to get as good as you one day.

      Delete
  6. Still lookin', still lovin.

    ReplyDelete