Sunday 22 April 2018

A blast from the past...

Where does the time go?

It still seems like only yesterday that I was updating this blog pretty regularly. Now, I realise that it’s been in excess of a year since I uploaded anything and even longer since I did anything Praetorian!

Life, as so often happens, gets in the way of being an upstanding Colonel in the Praetorian Guard.

Anyway, I’m pleased to report that as of 11:00 PST (Praetorian Standard Time) on 22 day of April in the year 2018 of out lord and saviour the Emperor, work has once again commenced on the glorious 4th Praetorian Mechanised Infantry.

I will post more and in greater detail (believe it when you see it) in the coming weeks. But for now I’ll post a few photos and let you know what is to come.

I’ve started work on the Highland Grenadiers and a few lascannon teams to bulk out a heavy weapon squad. Most interestingly of all though... these are so I can play 30K! Ive been persuaded to join the Horus Heresy Narrative campaign at the London Grand Torunament next month. It means that almost all my armour is useless, but it does give me some fun modelling options, one in particular being a... LAND RAIDER!!! What Praetorian planetary governor would want to travel in a Land Raider Proteus and pretend he is playing original rogue trader?

To get done in the next month are another 14 vanilla guardsmen (to make three units of 20 lasgun guardsmen), the 10 Highland Grenadiers, 3 lascannon teams, a Leman Russ Demolisher and then Land Raider. Should be fun!

I’ll do my best to blog as I go. Thanks for still following my blog and I hope you like what I manage to put together for you all!







13 comments:

  1. Yes! Big smile when I saw a post from Winterborne! Sounds like a great plan. I'll be watching!! Tally ho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost could have joined you (I've been in Europe for a year), except that is my first weekend back in Australia. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comments, been too long hasn’t it! Are you back in Aus for good?

      Delete
  3. Col W, I'll PM you on FB about Col A.

    And doesn't 30K allow you to run a squad of 20 guys with flamers ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s allows for some fun, sadly not 20 flamers though. You could take a heavy flamer squad though which would be 5-10 teams.

      Delete
  4. Glad to see you posting and hobbying again sir!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you back and blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ทาง เข้า pg slot auto หรือ pg-slot.game เกมพีจีสล็อต pg สล็อตออนไลน์ 3 มิติ (pg slot auto) จากค่าย pg slot และ บาคาร่าออนไลน์ ที่มาในรูปแบบใหม่เป็นเกมส์ยอดนิยม

    ReplyDelete
  7. slotpg รูปแบบใหม่ต้องใจผู้เล่น เกมคาสิโนออนไลน์ที่เยี่ยมที่สุด บริการครบวงจรในเรื่องความเพลิดเพลินและก็เงินรางวัลหลายชิ้น สล็อตออนไลน์เล่นไม่ยาก ชำระเงินจริงทุกบาททุกเงิน

    ReplyDelete